My Favorite Things

I've decided I'm going to add links to some of my favorite things in this blog.  Thank you Monica for giving me the idea.  Check out the right side of my blog for some of my favorite places to shop, things to buy and places to go have someone else do the cooking!

As I get permission to add more I will.  Right now I've got Muddy Paws Cheesecake, The Olive Grove Olive Oil Company and Snappy Dog Salsa.  I'll try to give a little review of each as I add them.

Muddy Paws Cheesecake
So let's start with Muddy Paws!  Absolutely fantastic cheesecake and cheesecake isn't something I generally crave.  They have more flavors than you can count (well, almost, I think they are up to 222!)and are always coming up with more.  I love looking at the pictures of the wedding cakes.  They are just beautiful and taste way better than any fondant covered, dried out wedding cake!  If you're in the mood cheesecake please check out Muddy Paws!

My friend Jane gets one shipped to her in Kentucky for her birthday every year.  This year's should have arrived today!  Not only do they deliver anywhere in the Twin Cities, they ship all across the country so share with your friends and family!

The Olive Grove Olive Oil Company
Ok, I'm addicted.  I probably need a 12-step program but you'll have to drag me kicking and screaming.  I have 14 bottles of their delicious olive oils and balsamic vinegars in my cupboard as I type this.  No, I'm not kidding, here's a picture!

I use these oils and balsamics every day.  How?

Mix the blood orange infused olive oil with the chocolate balsamic.  Drizzle it over a salad of mixed greens, toasted almonds, craisins, purple onion and goat cheese (ok if you don't like goat cheese leave it off or add your favorite cheese).  I could eat a bucket of this!

Finding fresh herbs in Minnesota in the winter can be tough.  Want a fresh basil flavor in your pasta?  Drizzle it with the basil infused olive oil!

Want delicious roasted veggies?  Mix them with some Tuscan Herb olive oil and roast them then finish them with a little of the 18 year balsamic.  YUMMY!

If you read through the rest of this blog you'll find I use them a lot!  And my tip?  Spend the $2 on the pour spouts.  You won't be disappointed.

Snappy Dog Salsa
Dave and I happened on this little gem at the St. Paul Farmer's Market.  We tasted it, it was good, we bought two jars, we finished one of them that night!  We go through about a jar a week in our house.

This salsa is so good!  There's a sweet heat to it that we just love.  We prefer the hot to the mild or extra hot.

I put this on my eggs in the morning, chips for an appetizer and love chicken baked soaked in it.  Just dredge your chicken breasts in flour, salt and pepper and brown them in a pan then place them in a baking dish.  Mix some Snappy Dog salsa with a little sour cream and pour it over the chicken to cover.  Bake until the chicken is done, top with a little cheese and you've got a yummy dinner that's easy and good for you!

And what could be better than supporting a local business?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts