'wichcraft - Cheddar with Smoked Ham Poached Pear and Mustard 'Wich

I decided to try a recipe out of one of the other cookbooks I bought at the Border's going out of business sale.  This time I picked one out of 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich by Tom Colicchio and Sisha Ortuzar.  I picked the Heritage Smoked Ham & Cheddar with Pear and Mustard 'wich to try first.

Here is a LINK to the recipe.


This sandwich is actually on the menu at Tom Colicchio's restarant in NYC!



Delicious and so easy!


I prepared the pears, not sure what they would really taste like.  The poaching liquid was sugar, cider vinegar, peppercorns, star anise, cinnamon stick and whole cloves.  This mixture is simmered for a few minutes, then the pears are added and a couple minutes later they are ready.  They were amazing!  And luckily they keep in the frig so I'll have the left-overs for something else.


The recipe calls for a panini press.  A piece of kitchen equipment I don't own.  Shocking, I know.  I had to improvise!  It worked just fine!

I served the 'wiches with a mixed green salad that I topped with a vinaigrette made with a cinnamon pear balsamic and some fresh cut fruit.  Of course, this was accompanied by a nice chardonnay!  It is Saturday afternoon after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts