Farro with Feta, Cucumbers and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

I've found another great side dish from SkinnyTaste.  I love farro.  It's a nice change to rice or potatoes.  I make Farro Salad with Tomatoes and Herbs, a Giada De Laurentis recipe, quite often, especially when it's fresh tomato season.

The recipe is Farro with Feta, Cucumbers and Sun Dried Tomatoes.

I was sure I had farro in the cupboard the night I decided I would make this so I didn't pick any up with the last minute groceries.  Well, I didn't.  I had couscous and quinoa but no farro.  I decided to just use the couscous.

I also didn't want to use sun-dried tomatoes.  They are ok, but really not my favorite.  I'd much rather have fresh tomatoes so I used some Roma tomatoes instead.

As with any couscous (or farro for that matter) this was a snap to put together.  Farro takes a few minutes more than the 5 minutes couscous takes but still a really quick side dish.  The couscous was done before I had the rest of the ingredients chopped.



This dish was as delicious as it sounds and I bet it's just as good with farro.  Next time I'm at the Olive Grove I'm going to pick some up so we can try it.

The first time I made it we had it with pork.  The only changes I made were those noted above, couscous instead of farro and fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried.  Tonight we had it with brats on the grill and I used basil out of my herb garden instead of the parsley.  Dave and I both approve of the substitution!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts