Pizza!

I've had the book Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes a Day by Zoe Francois and Jeff Hertzberg for a while now.  Over the last couple of months I've really started using it.  I'm a HUGE fan of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day so I knew I would like this book too.


Dave and I aren't big pizza eaters.  We might order it once a month?  Maybe not that often?  Since I cracked this book we're having pizza two or three times a month!  Whipping up a batch of the dough is so easy and it lasts in the frig for two weeks.


We've perfected (at least as far as we're concerned) the "regular" crust.  We just stretch it to the size we want it, top it with our favorite toppings (no, I don't let David put sauerkraut on his!) and bake.

I decided to try and make the thin crust pizza.  Dave really likes thin crust and who can't use a few fewer carbs?

The technique is pretty simple, take that glob of dough and roll it between two greased sheets of parchment.



I know, it's not round!   It's artisan!


 It can be baked either on the parchment or off, though the book notes that if you take it off the parchment the dough will start to contract.  I left it on the parchment just because it was easier to transfer it to the stone!


It turned out great!



I can't wait to try more from the book... maybe flatbread next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts