Avocado Burgers!

A friend of mine sent me a link to a recipe for avocado burgers.  I had visions of a burger with avocado sliced on the top.  Not so!  The avocado is mixed right in the burger.

Here's the LINK

It's a simple enough recipe, beef, avocado, green chilis, green onions, garlic, lemon pepper and salt.  Emily, the developer of the recipe suggests grass fed beef.  I agree. 

Dave and I switched over a couple of years ago and we wouldn't go back.  Not just for the environmental reasons, but because we think it tastes better! 

If you want more reasons read The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan or watch the movie Food Inc.  You'll be looking for a source of good grass fed beef!




I mixed it all up and portioned it into patties.  Next time I might just add some of the spicy Wholly Guacamole for an added kick!

We threw them on the grill.  Don't they look yummy?


I topped mine with tomatoes and some yummy gruyere cheese.  Dave opted for cheddar!  We had a side of potato wedges and called it dinner!  They were so flavorful and juicy!


YUM!  Thanks Michelle for sending me the link.  We'll definitely do these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts