Blackberry Buttermilk Cake

I was lucky enough to spend some time with my sister-in-law last weekend.  She has a secret blackberry patch and she sent me home with a bunch of these little beauties!

On the way home from our mini-vacation I went through all of the cooking magazines I hadn't had time to look through over the past couple of months.  In one issue of BonAppetit, I found a recipe for Blackberry Buttermilk cake that sounded very good.  And, lucky me, I had a whole bunch of fresh blackberries!


Here is a LINK to the recipe.  It was really easy.

The only special equipment you need is a spring-form pan.  This is lined with parchment, buttered and dusted with flour.

The berries are put in the pan, then topped with sugar, then the cake batter which is a mixture of cake flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, eggs, vanilla, orange zest and buttermilk.




Into the oven it goes.  The recipe says to bake at 350 degrees for an hour and 25 minutes for a 9" pan, an hour for a 10" pan.  It took less than an hour in my oven so keep an eye on it! Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes then invert, remove the parchment, dust with powdered sugar and try to wait for it to cool before digging in!


Yummy!  Next time I'd add more blackberries!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts