Garlic-Roasted Cauliflower

Last weekend we visited our local Border's Bookstore which, unfortunately, was going out of business.  One of the three cookbooks I bought was "How Easy Is That" by Ina Garten.  I've got over a dozen post-it's in the book, this was one of them.
We roast veggies here at least twice a week, sometimes more.  I thought I had pretty much figured out roasting veggies.  Wrong!  This roasted cauliflower was delicious!

I used a walnut infused Olive Oil (of course from The Olive Grove Olive Oil Company).


The smell in the house was amazing!  One bite and we were hooked.  Dave and I finished an entire head of cauliflower!


I served it with grilled ham steak and some great Italian bread.




Garlic Roasted Cauliflower

From How Easy is That? by Barefoot Contessa
Serves 6

1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 head of garlic, cloves separated & unpeeled
4 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil {divided}
1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
3 tablespoons pine nuts
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

Begin by toasting the pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, until lightly golden {about 5 minutes}. Be careful! Nuts burn quickly. Set aside.


Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil & add the garlic cloves. Boil for 15 seconds, drain & peel the skins off. If the cloves are large, cut them in half.

Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Lay the cauliflower out on a baking sheet & toss with the garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, or until the cauliflower is just tender & lightly browned.

Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a bowl & add the parsley, pine nuts, 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil & lemon juice. Toss to combine & serve.

1 comment:

  1. OH! And I forgot to mention I used about half the amount of olive oil called for in the recipe and it was plenty. A quarter cup of oil seemed like a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete

Lidia's Stuffed Shells

A month or so ago I ran across a video by Lidia Bastianich in which she made stuffed shells with her Nonna.  They are adorable together!  Ev...

Popular Posts