Barefoot Contessa Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies

I am just LOVING "how easy is that" by the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten!  So many recipes... so little time!

I wanted to bring something new and different to our dinner party tonight.  These little cookies sounded good to me.  Nutella has recently become one of my favorite foods!  Check out the recipe I posted for the banana hazelnut bruschetta.

Yes, these are easy but I would say pretty putzy cookies.  You need to roast the hazelnuts (if you don't buy them already roasted) which is not a big deal but there's cooling time involved so you can't just whip these up.

You also have to chill the dough, which is common with cutout cookies.  The recipe said to chill and hour.  I made the dough last night and chilled it overnight.  Other cookie doughs I've used that's fine, this one, well, it gets REALLY hard overnight so don't think you can just take the dough out and start making cookies if you do the same thing.

Then, once the cookies are cut out you have to chill them again, on the cookie sheets (can't wait for my new frig for this step!) for 15 minutes before baking.

Once baked and cooled you sift powdered sugar over the top cookies, cover the bottom cookies with Nutella then put them together.


So, like I said, putzy.

But, delicious!  They aren't too sweet and have a good nutty flavor. I'm thinking they are going to go down way to fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts