Leftovers

Who doesn't love leftovers?  Well, me, sometimes.  It depends on the leftovers.  Tonight was one of those good leftover nights!

Saturday night I made a new recipe, crab and goat cheese ravioli.  I made the pasta fresh and had a little leftover from the raviolis that I stuck in the frig.  Tonight I pulled out my fun Kitchenaid pasta extruder and made some fusilli!  There is nothing better than fresh pasta and Kitchenaid makes it so easy to make fun pasta.



I had some leftover basil from Saturday night's dinner too so I made pesto.  I love pesto!  It goes together in a snap, keeps in the freezer for a good long time and is great on almost anything!


I also had all of the ingredients left to make that incredibly yummy Caesar salad by Alex Guarnaschelli.  I still can't get over how yummy the fried capers are!



I added a little sauteed asparagus and grilled shrimp to the pasta with pesto, heated up some leftover homemade bread and served it with the salad.  Yep, I love leftovers.  And even better, there's enough pasta left for lunch tomorrow!  Leftover leftovers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts