Inspired by Williams-Sonoma Lemony Eggs Florentine

My intention this morning was to have Lemony Eggs Florentine, from Williams-Sonoma, for breakfast.  It sounded delicious, and almost as importantly, it was something Dave wouldn't eat.  Dave is off with the military again this weekend so I only had to make breakfast for me.  Why wouldn't Dave like it?  He doesn't do yolk!

Here is a LINK to the original recipe.  I made some adjustments thanks to the wonderful world of social networking, a.k.a Facebook and my friends at The Golden Fig.

Yesterday morning The Golden Fig, one of my favorite places to shop, posted that they had fresh local spinach from Burning River Farms in stock.  I replied to their post that I would be in for the spinach and shared a link to the recipe.  They suggested some substitutions that I totally agreed with!

As luck would have it, they had fresh ramps in stock.  What a great substitution for the onions in the recipe!  While I was there I picked up some other local favorites perfect for this recipe including Fisher Family Farms peppered bacon, and Otis Family Farm fresh eggs.


Of course I couldn't pass up A Gourmet Thyme's Cayenne Shortbread.  They have nothing to do with breakfast, I just love them.  These little cookies are so addicting!  I'll try very hard to have a few left for when Dave gets home.  Next time I make shortbread I must remember to add some cayenne.


And, as luck would have it, Snappy Dog has their Rhubarb Salsa out already.  So that went in the basket too.


Ok, back to the recipe.  It's really quite simple.  Saute the spinach and onions, or ramps in my case, in some butter, fry up the bacon, toast the English muffin then top with a perfectly poached egg and hollandaise.

I thought about making the hollandaise.  I really did.  But why would I make hollandaise when in my refrigerator I had some of that yummy habanero aioli from San Pedro Cafe? I couldn't think of a reason so I added yet another local "ingredient" to my breakfast.

I have to give props to Mr. Ruhlman.  This is the first time I've used my Bad Ass Spoon (a.k.a. Egg Spoon) to actually make eggs.  In fact, this is my first poached egg ever.  I've only ever ordered poached when we eat out.  I followed his process, letting the loose white drain off before poaching.  It's a pretty darn pretty egg if I do say so myself.  I'll be poaching again!  I've broken down and purchased the off-set spoons now too.  I'm so in love with the Bad Ass spoon I just know I'll love the off-set spoons.



To assemble the breakfast top the muffin with the spinach mixture, then bacon, then you're beautifully poached egg, top with hollandaise or your favorite aioli and breakfast is served.





Is this not beautiful?  Look at the color of that yolk!  Thank you Golden Fig, Otis Family, Burning River and Fisher Family Farms and, of course, San Pedro Cafe!  So good!  So good!

Now it's time to clean up the kitchen, grab the dogs and walk some of this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts