Meatball Lettuce Wraps

I was going through my Goodhousekeeping magazine and found this recipe.  It looked like a fun, easy appetizer to make for guests and as a bonus it's pretty darn healthy!

LINK to recipe.

This was a pretty simple recipe, ground turkey, fresh mint (which grows wild in my yard!), fresh limes, garlic carrots, fish sauce, sugar, salt and pepper.  That's it! 


I love my food processor.  I know I owned it before I got married so it's at least 15 years old and still works like a charm!  When you have to shred three cups of carrots it comes in very handy!


Once your ingredients are in place this assembles very quickly.  First mix up the carrot slaw and let it sit, then make the meatballs.


I have to admit, as I was putting the meatballs on the skewers I was thinking "this is going to be bland".  Boy was I wrong.


These grilled up very fast!  A couple were on a hotter part of the grill and did get a little dry so don't leave them for long.  Four minutes is probably plenty of cooking time depending on how hot you have your grill.  I was trying to be VERY healthy so I used ground turkey breast (no skin or dark meat).  I think if I make these again I'll just use "ground turkey" which includes the skin and dark meat.  I think it will stay moister on the grill that way.


They are pretty on the plate, good for you, and the best part they taste great!  The lime juice and mint are an amazing combination.  I ate just a meatball before I tried it in the wrap.  The flavor was so good and even better when you add the crunchy carrot slaw.  The grocery store didnt' have bib lettuce when I was there so I just used green leaf lettuce.  I think these would make great appetizers or a nice light summer dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts