When Banana Bread Meets a Peanut Butter Cookie

Did you know that March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lover's Day?  Who comes up with the whole "this is national that day" calendar?  I'm obviously not on the distribution list because I usually find out it's National Wine Lover's Day at 9pm that night!

Noble Pig posted this recipe on March 1st.  I didn't get to it until today, March 5th.  I think that's ok though.

Today is a snow day here in Minnesota.  All of the schools are closed, several businesses, including the one for which my husband works, are closed.  I had planned today as a vacation day anyway, and as luck would have it, I had ripe bananas in the kitchen.

These are a snap to whip up.  Here is a link to the Noble Pig recipe:
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

The recipe specifically stated "make sure to sift" so I sifted.  I generally ignore that instruction unless I'm warned of failure if I don't.  I sifted together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, soda, salt and cinnamon as instructed.

In another bowl I mashed my bananas and added milk, peanut butter, oil, egg and vanilla.

As with any good muffin recipe, add the wet to the dry and don't over mix!  Then add the chips.  I'm partial to Ghirardelli chips myself.  At this point I tasted the batter.  I know, raw egg, whatever.  It smelled so good!  And if the muffins tasted half as good as the batter these were going to be good muffins!


This is one of just a few recipes I've read that require spraying of muffin papers if you are using them.  Well, why waste the paper?  I just sprayed my muffin tins.  When I want to make sure nothing is going to stick I use this Wilton spray.  It is better than anything else out there.  If I have a shaped pan or something with lots of nooks and crannies, I use this spray and I am never disappointed.  No, they don't pay me.



Twenty minutes later they come out of the oven but you'll be smelling them well before that.  Is it banana bread that's baking?  Is it peanut butter cookies?  Smells like both!



These are so good.  They are incredibly moist and the banana flavor isn't completely overpowered by the peanut butter.  My coworkers are going to like me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts