Make Peanut butter: Make the Bread, Buy the Butter Part II

Well, I hadn't planned on making the peanut butter today but when I got home from walking the dogs Dave was shelling peanuts!  While he shelled I got cleaned up and got some other stuff done and when he had 8 ounces of peanuts shelled I made a half a batch of homemade peanut butter.

Nothing could be easier, mix roasted unsalted peanuts, peanut oil and salt in a food processor and in no time you have peanut butter.  It starts out looking like chopped peanuts, then moves to a stage where it looks like really grainy peanut butter, then right before your eyes it's peanut butter.



I slathered some on a piece of that yummy homemade bread and asked Dave if it was worth the work to shell all the peanuts.  Yep!


We don't eat a lot of peanut butter in our house but I do use it in the dogs Kongs!  This is far cheaper than the stuff in a jar in the grocery store.  The kids might be getting fresh, homemade peanut butter from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Pita Bread

Jalapenos have come in at Farmer's Market which has me thinking of all recipes jalapeno.  I'll probably can some too, but that will ...

Popular Posts